Faded polaroids lying on the floor,
filled with blurred faces and hazy smiles.
An old song playing on the broken radio
whose lyrics were words of fleeting memories.
As the sun slowly vanished from the skies,
Tears flow, unceasing.
A wilted forget-me-not tucked between the pages of Neruda’s poems,
With crushed petals and shards of broken hearts.
I miss you…
I unfolded the paper planes that we once threw atop the
cliff.
Hidden love letters, unread…
Only to be picked up by the wind,
entwined in the spring breeze,
gone in the
ephemeral memories of dazzling sunlight.
I yearn to hold your hands again
And together,
we run to the other side of this world.
Where we once chase fireflies and catch snowflakes in our
palms.
Where we lie on the cold hard ground and let the stars
blanket us with their warmth.
I long to crawl up in that crooked space between your
arms
and feel your
embrace.
To breathe in anew the whiff of peppermint and caffeine.
I want to get drown for the nth time in those dark irises
of your myopic eyes,
never to resurface again.
I miss you…
I remember the butterflies and the buzz of the bees as we
wave goodbye.
The sad smile and the blank gaze as the summer sun
wrapped you in a halo,
A visual metaphor embedded forever in my reveries.
As my salty tears blinded me of your silhouette,
fading with the twilight sun.
My solitary footsteps on the sand as the vicious wave
came crashing by.
My cries lost in the howling of the wind…
I miss you…
No comments:
Post a Comment